Meyer Turku is a well-known and reliable partner for delivering innovative cruise ships and passenger ferries customized to the needs of our clients. Designing and building energy-efficient low-emission ships is at the heart of our business.
We are a propelling force between the client and our wide network of suppliers in research and development and a platform for experimenting with new technology. We work in active and close cooperation with various equipment and material manufacturers and engage in constant dialogue with our clients about what direction to take in future ship development.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND LOW EMISSIONS PROVIDING A COMPETITIVE EDGE
Building eco-friendly and energy-efficient ships and introducing low-emission energy sources to our ships provides us a competitive edge. Corporate responsibility is at the heart of everything we do.
We build cruise ships that utilize the most modern technologies available, including low-emission LNG vessels and vessels with scrubbers and catalytic converters that reduce sulphur and nitrogen dioxide emissions. We are known for extremely energy efficient vessels with excellent hydrodynamic properties and several other energy-saving innovations.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF OUR SHIPYARD
- The first large LNG-powered cruise ships
- The first large and fast gas turbine-powered car ferries
- The first modern diesel-electric passenger ferries
- The largest fast aluminium-structured catamaran ferry
- First cruise ferries with an open 8-meter-wide promenade deck in the interior
- The world’s largest cruise ferries with the exceptional comfort class 1 rating
- The first ferries built on the basis of the probability-based stability system used in the event of damage
- Large single-hull ropax vessels with exceptional speed/performance in relation to fuel consumption and energy efficiency